A gas leak was reported on Maize Street in Clintonville Sunday evening, Nov. 7, prompting emergency management officials to evacuate residents from the Maize Street area.
“A resident was using a backhoe to dig up a tree stump and he hit a gas line,” explained Fire Chief Dean Poole. “The gas company came out and shut off the gas, and nobody was injured. The gas company was at the scene to repair damages for another two or three hours after the fire department left.”
Residents were allowed to return to their homes after the fire department and gas company had determined that there was no risk of harm to property or persons in the area.