The Clintonville High School gymnastic team recently presented end-of-season team awards to various athletes.
Most Valuable Gymnast honors went to senior Tisha Kenfield. Most Improved Gymnast honors went to freshman Amber Krueger. Sophomore Rachel Wisneski earned Academic All-State Gymnast honors, as did Kenfield. In order to earn Academic All-State honors, athletes had to have at least a 3.2 grade point average, be in the top 1/3 of their class, and have no athletic code violations. Most valuable was based on points for the season: attendance, placing at meets, teamwork, attitude and work ethic. Most Improved was based on attitude, work ethic and new skills learned or increased scores. Captains were chosen by the team and coaches.
Other awards are as follows:
Most Hits (no fall routines on beam): Rachel Wisneski (8 of 11 routines);
• Co Captains: Tisha Kenfield and Wendy Jensen;
• Varsity Letter Winners: Kenfield, Jensen, Wisneski, Krueger, Destiny Pelky;
• This year’s team had 5 all arounders (on all 4 events) plus a beam specialist, Miranda Ruby. That is an unusual number but shows what talent there is on the team.
• .175 away from tying the school record on vault;
• 4 girls had an average score of 7.0+ and 1 with a 6.8 average;
• Kenfield, Wisneski and Krueger where nominated for all conference with a 7.5 + aver for the conference meets (none made all conference);
• On floor, the team had 3 girls with both front and back tucks in their routines;
• Team score went from a low of 85 up to a sectional score of 108 this season; and
• On beam, 2 girls averaged in the 6’s and 1 had 7.095 – Amber Krueger and one had an average of 5.527.
• 1st time on all around increased 18 – 21.5 points;
• Did bars for the first time, learned several new skills; and
• Injury sidelined her for part of the season.
• Highest personal best on Vault 8.15 and average of 7.703; and
• Highest average on beam 7.095 and on floor – 7.128.
• Highest average on bars – 6.436, personal best of 7.0;
• Beam personal best of 7.025 at sectionals;
• Personal best of floor of 7.875; and
• Highest all around average: 27.427.
• Increased vault scores every year;
• Bars increased personal best score by 1.35;
• 2nd highest aver on beam 6.402; personal best of 7.425;
• Only gymnast that does a double pirouette on her hands; and
• Increase person; best on all around by almost 2 points.
• Vault personal best of 7.525 up from a 6.3 last season;
• Added a back walkover connection on beam the last 2 meets;
• Increased PB on floor at sectionals of 6.75; Ave increased from last season 1.2;
• First time as all around; and
• Great team work.