Medicare recipients who meet income guidelines may be eligible for federal and state programs that can lower premiums and co-pays.
To be eligible, seniors must have a gross monthly income under $1,225 for individuals or $1,655 for a couple are eligible and assets under $6,940 for individuals or $10,410 for couples.
One application can determine eligibility for a number of benefits that may result in an increase in Social Security payments. Waupaca County volunteer Kris Shambeau will meet with seniors to help them fill out the applications. She will be available by appointment only at the following times and locations:
• 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday, April 9, at Marion Nutrition Site.
• 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 11, at New London Senior Center.
• 10: 30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, April 12, at Manawa Nutrition Site. • 10:30 a.m. to noon Friday, April 13, Waupaca Nutrition Site at Trinity Lutheran Church.
• 10: 30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 17, Clintonville Senior Center.
• 10:30 a.m. to noon Thursday, April 19, Iola Nutrition Site at Living Oaks.
• 10: 30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday, April 20, at Weyauwega Nutrition Site at the American Legion Hall.
To schedule an appointment at one of the above times and places, call Waupaca County volunteer Kris Shambeau at 920-538-2083, For more information, contact Kathy Austin, benefit specialist at 715-258-6278.