A house fire on Kutchenriter Road in the town of Union was reported at about 11:30 a.m. Friday, May 4.
The Manawa Rural Fire Department responded to the scene and was aided by the Clintonville Fire Department, which sent two tankers and the aerial truck to the fire, as well as firefighters and tanker trucks from Marion and Bear Creek.
Fire officials say the blaze originated as a cooking fire. The home was a total loss.
No injuries were reported in the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the family that was displaced by the fire.