Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
David Axelrod, President Barack Obama’s adviser, said, “The choice in this election is between an economy that produces a growing middle class, that gives people a chance to get ahead, and an economy that continues down the road we’re on.”
Paul Krugman said earlier this year, in the New York Times, “It’s true that 1.9 million fewer Americans have jobs now than when Mr. Obama took office.”
Obama has spent over a trillion dollars on so-called stimulus programs.
Why has he failed? Because most of the money was used for payoffs or wasted.
• $230 million to fight obesity is being used to lobby local governments to tax soda and sugar.
• $700,000 for the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife to collect lost crab pots.
• $50,000 for “Pervert Revues” at San Francisco Art House.
• $199,862 to help Siberians lobby Russian bureaucrats.
• $2.8 million for 14 miles of tortoise fence in Arizona.
• $450,000 to study ant colony division of labor.
• $898,138 to study clouds over Greenland.
• $109,000 for solar horse waterers in Wyoming.
• $586,581 to gather volcanic ash in Argentina.
• $1.1 million for Oklahoma State University professor to study Alaskan grandparents.
• $121.9 million for Pyron wind farm in Texas (which was finished two months before the bill was passed).
• $100,000 for Rice University to study how people feel about the stimulus.
• $6 million for Duluth snow-making facility.
• $700,000 for Northwestern University to create a joke telling machine.
The more money government gets, the more it wastes.
The more money polticians control, the more power they have to play favorites.