The Waupaca Historical Society will keep the Hutchinson House museum in South Park open from 1-4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays in September, except for Sept. 8-9.
Originally owned by Chester and Susanna Hutchinson, the 1 1/2-story Greek Revival farmhouse was built in 1854 at the corner of Fulton and Franklin streets. It was donated to the Waupaca Historical Society in 1956 and subsequently moved to its curent site in South Park.
Visitors to Hutchinson House can see Victorian era furnishings, a rotary paper refrigerator, a folding cabinet bed, and hundreds of other itemsvintage householdl items. Families can also play some croquet in the yard, make a perpetual motion twirler, or take a visual scavenger hunt.