Plans are under way for the WLC Walkathon 2012.
It will be held on Thursday, Oct. 11, on the WLC field, and community members are invited to attend and cheer for the students.
Pledge sheets are going home with WLC students on Thursday, Sept 27. Sheets and money are due back to the school by Tuesday, Oct. 23.
Prize Day will be held at 2:20 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2.
It is the only all-school fundraising event WLC is hosting this year. Any other fundraisers will be for individual classes or clubs.
One-hundred percent of the money raised will go directly back to the students and school.
Last year, the money raised from the WLC Walkathon went for such things as field trips, teacher requests, iPads and a digital piano for the Music Department.
The scheduled walk times are:
• Second grade from 8:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
• Fourth grade from 8:45 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
• First grade from 9:15 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
• Kindergarten from 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
• Morning preschool and early childhood from 10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
• Third grade from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Afternoon preschool and early childhood from noon to 12:15 p.m.
Community sponsors are Nelson’s Strike Zone for second grade; Subway (Dean and Connie Zanella) and Waupaca Recreation Center for fourth grade; Turner’s Farm Market for first grade; Culver’s for kindergarten and the preschool and early childhood students; and Weasel’s and the Waupaca Recreation Center for third grade.
Other sponsors are Waupaca Foundry (a T-shirt for each student), RH Liquidators (a banner at the school) and Marla Snyder (logo design).
For more information or to volunteer, contact Emily Nikolai at firstname.lastname@example.org.