Sat, Jan 19, 12 noon-3:30pm $35 (snow date: Jan 26th)
Presented by Judy Bridges, Founder of Redbird Studio
Holly History Center
321 S Main Street, Waupaca, WI
Whether you are a beginning writer or a pro, this workshop will help you mine the riches of the people, places and events in your life.
Did you really get married on a motorcycle? What was it like to live through a dire illness, or visit Grandma, or dance on a cobblestone street? Would you like to write memories of your life or your family, to give as gifts, or maybe to just get-it-down for yourself?
I’m working on stories of my own this year. For me, the writing takes all kinds of forms – short stories, personal essays, monologues and one act plays. Whatever form you choose, the important thing is to bring the story to life, to keep your readers engaged. In this workshop, you will:
• see samples of things others have done with their writing – gifts, family keepsakes, published collections and novels
• recall unique experiences, funny stories and bits of wisdom that your family treasures
• decide where to begin so it is lively and interesting
• learn how to find your natural writing voice
• learn from the writing, yours’ and others’
• learn skills that are transferable to other types of writing
• get a list of helpful resources
• enjoy the company of others who like to write
Important: Class is Fragrance Free. I am allergic to fragrances, including those in lotions and shampoos. Please check labels and wear only FF products into the classroom.
• Online, with a credit card or your PayPal account, go here:
• By mail, send your check and contact info to:
3136 S. Indiana Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Judy Bridges is the founder of Redbird Studio writing center which she started 1993. Judy has made a difference in the lives and careers of thousands of writers. Her teaching comes from the best place: real experience coupled with a huge heart. She understands the awesome potential of a blank sheet of paper, the power of the pen, and the calling of the writer to fill the page.