The Clintonville Area Foundation awarded $11,200 in grants to eight charitable organizations serving people in the Clintonville area.
“The Foundation’s mission to enhance and improve the social, cultural, educational, health and general well being of the people in the Clintonville Area was well served with these grants.,” said Nancy Ignacio, Advisory Board chairman of the Clintonville Area Foundation. “We are happy to award these grants to benefit our community.”
Eligible nonprofit organizations submitted grant requests through the Foundation’s annual competitive process. The Foundation’s volunteer grants committee members recommend grant recipients to the advisory board for approval.
The following grants were approved:
• Box in the Woods Theatre Guild – $1,000 to bring classical ballet to the area by providing a “Ballet in a Box” production featuring background on the history of the dance form, explanation of the shoes used and a performance of a ballet.
• Clintonville Area Ambulance Service – $2,400 to replace two cardiac monitors.
• Clintonville Area Food Pantry – $1,500 to purchase food for the needy in the community.
• Clintonville Middle School/Math Intervention Classroom Technology – $1,300 to purchase two computer projectors to be installed in new computer lab and classroom areas.
• Clintonville Middle School/Hey Girls! You Grow Girl Club Activity – $2,000 to support speaker and supply costs associated with a day-long conference to promote positive emotional, social, mental, and physical health in women of all ages.
• Clintonville Middle School/Stem – $500 STEM Team Program. To conduct research and prepare a project and report worthy of entry in STEM based competition.
• Navarino Nature Center – $1,500 to purchase two new desktop computers for nature center staff to create program presentations, brochures, media releases, update educational offerings to area schools and groups.
• Red River Riders Therapeutic Horseback Riding for the Disabled – $1,000 to send six people to an international therapeutic horseback riding conference in 2013.
To learn more about the Foundation, visit www.ClintonvilleFoundation.org, write P.O. Box 244, Clintonville, WI 54929, or call (920) 830-1290.