Medication Take-Back Day is being held Saturday, April 27, at six locations throughout Waupaca County.
The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is sponsoring the event, set from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the following locations:
• Waupaca Police Department, 124 S. Washington St., Waupaca.
• Weyauwega Police Department, 109 E. Main St., Weyauwega.
• New London Police Department, 700 Shiocton St., New London.
• Clintonville Police Department, 35 S. Clinton Ave., Clintonville.
• Manawa Police Department, 500 S. Bridge St., Manawa.
• Marion Police Department, 217 N. Main St., Marion.
Accepted items include human and pet prescription medication and over-the-counter medications, including pills, capsules, liquids and ointments. Medicine should be kept in their original containers with the medicine name visible.
Items not accepted include syringes, lancets and personal care products. Check with local hospitals, clinics or pharmacies for disposal information.
Medication drop-off boxes are available year-round at the Waupaca County Sheriff’s Department, 811 Harding St., Waupaca; and the Weyauwega, New London and Clintonville police departments.
Contact the Waupaca County Solid Waste Department at 715-258-6240 for more information.