Fire destroys Waupaca home
A home on the 900 block of 9th Street in Waupaca was lost to a fire Monday, April 22.
Firefighters were called to a small, one-story house shortly before 5 p.m. When they arrived, they found flames and smoke coming from the front and back of the structure.
A woman who lived alone in the house was able to escape unharmed. However, the house was severely damaged.
Some of the home’s contents were removed as part of efforts to control the blaze.
In addition to venting the roof and windows, firefighters foamed the entire house before leaving.
The resident was cooking on a stove when a pan of grease caught fire. She tried to put it out, but was unsuccessful.
Firefighters were at the scene for just over two hours. Red Cross was also called to assist the woman who had been living in the house.