The Clintonville Area Foundation is accepting nominations until July 31 for its Community Heroes Award.
This award was established in 2011 by Clintonville native Dan Olk to recognize and celebrate outstanding volunteer service that greatly enhances Clintonville area communities. The award, which comes with $2,000 for the winner to donate to local charities, is supported through the Clintonville Area Foundation and will be presented during the Foundation’s annual gala on October 19 at Mason’s Ridge.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
• Exemplify the spirit of community service.
• Make an outstanding contribution to the community through volunteer service.
• Demonstrate exceptional commitment, service, creativity, cooperation, or leadership.
• Serve as a role model for others in their community.
• Inspire others to engage in volunteer service.
• Receive no financial compensation for their activities.
• Engage in the majority of his/her volunteer work in the greater Clintonville area, defined as the Clintonville Public School District. He/she need not reside in the area.
Nomination forms are available online at www.ClintonvilleFoundation.org and at these local places: Clintonville Public Library (75 Hemlock St.), Clintonville Public School District office (45 W. Green Tree Rd), and Clintonville Area Chamber of Commerce office (1 S. Main St.). Please send any questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dan Olk at 515-268-9207.
• 2011 Community Heroes Award Winner: Don Jirschele
• 2012 Community Heroes Award Winner: Sharon Brauer