A good way to celebrate July 4 would be a family reading of our Declaration of Independence.
We can’t hear it often enough.
It contains great phrases; “All men are created equal . . . endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights . . . but when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism …”
We must know our founding documents to understand that America was designed as a system of laws for the protection of our rights from government’s heavy hand.
Our current administration shows a train of usurpations as described in the Declaration.
President Obama has:
1. Changed the 1996 Welfare Reform Law by waiving work requirements.
2. Ignored immigration law by granting amnesty to certain illegal immigrants.
3. Illegaly appointed members of the National Labor Relations Board. A federal judge declared these four appointments unconstitutional, but they remain on the NLR Board.
4. Refused to prosecute voter intimidation cases if victims are white.
5. Sent thousands of guns to drug cartels in Mexico, lied about it, and when the lies were proven, declared executive privilege to keep the facts hidden.
6. Used the Internal Revenue Service to illegally bully, frustrate and discriminate against those who oppose them by standing up for religion or for the Constitution.
7. Nationalized car manufacturers and violated property rights by taking bondholders’ assets and giving them to the auto workers union.
8. Sent Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius out to shake down corporations she will regulate (insurance and health, H&R Block, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and others). She tells them they should make “voluntary” contributions to help to promote Obamacare.
One could go on and on about the lawlessness of this administration and their lies.
Now, we see a huge facility about to open up near Salt Lake City, Utah.
There the feds plan to capture and record all phone or electronic messages, security camera and other images.
Under Obamacare, the government will have our medical records. The IRS will have our financial and our personal information.
This Leviathan will know what books we read, where we go online and off.
They say we should trust them not to misuse all this information.
Why would we? They are not trustworthy.
The infrastructure will soon be in place to make the USA a “turnkey police state.” Any “emergency” will serve as an excuse to turn the key.
Think about that on July 4.