The Waupaca High School Booster Club is seeking donations to help support the school’s WIAA-sanctioned athletic teams.
More than 100 area families and businesses added their names to the back of Comet sports programs during the 2012-13 school year.
Funds raised gives coaches the opportunity to request needed equipment not covered in their athletic budgets.
Items purchased in recent years include:
• Range finders for boys’ and girls’ golf.
• JV baseball and softball field scoreboards.
• Baseball field fence guards.
• Conference and state plaques for football.
• Boys’ locker room door at the Waupaca Expo Center.
• Hockey goalie blocker and glove.
• Travel bags for the girls’ hockey team.
• Homecoming expenses.
• Softball pitching machine.
• New scale for wrestling.
• Stationary bicycle.
The club must receive completed forms and donations for the 2013-14 programs by Friday, Aug. 2.
Options for donating are Booster Backer ($25-$50); Frosh Club ($51-!00); JV Club ($101-$175); Varsity Club ($176-$250); Coaches Club ($251-$500); and Champions Club ($501 and up).
Completed forms and donations should be sent to Waupaca Booster Club, c/o Anne Menzies, 926 White Oak Drive, Waupaca, WI 54981.