Area law enforcement agencies will host a countywide collection of unwanted medications from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26.
Residents will be able to dispose of prescription and over-the-counter medications, including pet medications, for no charge at the following locations:
• Clintonville Police Department, 35 S Clinton Ave.
• Marion Police Department, 217 N Main St.
• Manawa Police Department, 500 S Bridge St.
• New London Police Department, 700 Shiocton St.
• Waupaca Police Department, 124 S Washington St.
• Weyauwega Police Department, 109 E Main St.
All medications should be kept in their original container with the medication name clearly visible. Liquid medication bottles should be placed in a sealed plastic bag.
Syringes, needles, lancets, epi-pens, and mercury thermometers cannot be accepted through this program. Questions on how to dispose of these materials can be directed to the Waupaca County Solid Waste Department at 715-258-6240.
This one-day event is sponsored by the United States Drug Enforcement Agency and Waupaca County.
Visit www.waupacacountyrecycling.com for information on permanent drop-box locations.