The fourth annual Taste of Christmas at Spencer Lake will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7.
Hosted by the Spencer Lake Christian Center, at N1385 County Road E south of Waupaca, the event draws community groups, churches and businesses together to provide music, food and family activities and support local charities.
This year, the Taste of Christmas will help the Waupaca Area Food Pantry with a food drive; collect donations for the Waupaca Pregnancy Information Center; collect mittens and hats for the Miracle Tree; hold a blood drive for the Community Blood Bank; collect school supplies for Waupaca area teachers to give to students in need; and hold a free Gift Angel rummage sale.
Taste of Christmas includes the following activities:
• Yuletide Workshop: Visits and pictures with Santa, gingerbread house decorating and ornament making, snacks, face painting. Children are asked to donate a food item, mittens, gloves or a hat, or $1.
• Live nativity and petting zoo on the main campus.
• Celebration Hall: Live holiday music, entertainment and food from area eateries.
• Holiday Treat Shoppe: Visitors may buy their favorite holiday treat, roast marshmallows by the bonfire or pick up some kettle corn.
• Gift Angel Free Sale: People are welcome to pick up things they may need for free.
• Christmas Shoppes: Area merchants and specialty shops will offer gift ideas with live music.
• Christmas Trails: Free horse-drawn wagon rides.
• Service Personnel and Veterans Tribute with Honor Guard: the Waupaca High School Madrigal Singers and The Justmann Band will help to honor veterans, active military, police and fire personnel.
• Red Ryder BB Gun Range: Classic fun with a chance to win a genuine Daisy BB Gun.
• Christmas Karaoke Tent: Add to the festive atmosphere and sing a Christmas favorite.
• Gift of Life Blood Drive: Runs until 3 p.m. Walk-ins welcome or call 800-280-4102 to reserve a spot.
• Children’s Story Corner hosted by the Waupaca Area Public Library.
• Star of Wonder Theater: Joseph’s reaction to Mary’s news that she was with child.
• Tinseltown Theater: Free classic Christmas movies with popcorn, craft and face painting.
• Teacher Supply Depot: Donate school supplies to help us bless area schools so teachers may help students in need during the year.
• Closing Community Celebration featuring Shepherd’s Quarter. Special candlelight reading of the Christmas story with live nativity, music and 150 sky-lantern send-off to light up the evening sky.
For a schedule of events and more information visit www.spencer-lake.org or go to “Waupaca’s Taste of Christmas” on Facebook.