• Dec. 19 – Fraud in 800 block of Fremont Street, Fremont.
• Dec. 19 – Diamond ring stolen in 500 block of South Mill Street, Weyauwega.
• Dec. 18 – Burglary in E2500 block of Larson Road, Waupaca.
• Dec. 18 – Harassment in 600 block of Elm Street, Waupaca.
• Dec. 18 – Theft in 700 block of East Fulton Street, Waupaca.
• Dec. 18 – Harassment in 200 block of East Main Street, Weyauwega.
• Dec. 18 – Harassment in N5700 block of Cemetery Road, Manawa.
• Dec. 17 – Bike stolen in 1100 block of Clark Street, Waupaca.
• Dec. 17 – Theft in N2600 block of Mitchell Avenue, Waupaca.
• Dec. 17 – Mailbox damaged in 300 block of West Parker Street, Weyauwega.
• Dec. 17 – Mailbox damaged in 1300 block of Crystal Circle, Waupaca.
• Dec. 17 – Theft in 400 block of North Washington Street, Waupaca.
• Dec. 17 – License plate stolen in 200 block of North Main Street, Waupaca.
• Dec. 12 – A woman was injured in a one-vehicle at about 7:30 a.m. in the town of Bear Creek.
Victoria Pelke, 29, of Clintonville, was negotiating a curve in the outside lane southbound on U.S. Highway 45, when her car crossed the centerline. The vehicle entered the west ditch, striking an arrow sign and coming to rest on its wheels.
According to the police report, factors that may have contributed to the accident included the roadway being snow covered and slippery in spots, and a bald tire on the vehicle’s rear passenger side.
• Dec. 11 – Two people were hurt in a two-vehicle at about 8:30 a.m. in the town of Caledonia.
A car driven by Richard Yatzeck, 80, of Bear Creek, was southbound on U.S. Highway 45 when his vehicle crashed into the rear of a second southbound vehicle driven by Nancy Abel, 55, of New London.
As the second vehicle pulled off to the shoulder, it was struck again by the first vehicle. Both vehicles came to rest on U.S. 45 two miles south of Kanaman Road.
According to a witness to the Yatzeck’s erratic driving behavior prior to the crash, he was weaving in his lane and appeared to want to pass vehicles on the right; he was driving very close and almost rear-ended the car driven by the witness, then passed five cars at once. The witness came over the next hill and saw the crash scene.
According to the police report, Yatzeck said he remembered driving over the rumble strips on the fog line and the center line. Also, he didn’t know what road he was on; he was supposed to take State Highway 15.