The decals for the new squad car will be approved by the Manawa Common Council at its Jan. 20 meeting.
Jessie Luedke, a senior at Little Wolf Senior/Junior High School, presented several design concepts to the Protection & Welfare Committee.
The committee chose aspects from the different drawings for a final decal design, including using the Manawa Wolves logo and adding wolf heads. The committee’s favorite designs were presented to the council at its Dec. 16 meeting.
Police Chief David Walker noted that the new squad is expected to be delivered in late March or April.
In other business, it was noted that a part-time police officer has accepted a full-time position. A replacement will need to be hired sometime in 2014.
Walker talked about the success of a Fit for Career class he held recently in the Marion schools. He said the class helped build a “more positive student-police interaction.”
Walker plans to hold a similar class in Manawa in the spring.
The council approved a resolution to amend its 2013 budget.
Adjustments to the revenue/expenses on the 2013 budget include:
• State Trust Fund loan $800,000; street projects $800,000.
• Local government pool $142,540; interest on dam principal $142,540.
• Local government pool $30,000; truck payment $30,000.
• Local government pool $4,350; lawn mower $4,350.
• School receipt for radios $2,100; Manawa Police Department to pay for radios $2,100.
• Debt interest $12,712; pay for computer system and clerk office upgrades $12,712.