The Clintonville Area Foundation awarded $11,300 in grants to eight charitable organizations.
The grants, which benefit a range of community causes, were awarded from a variety of charitable funds within the community foundation this year.
“The Foundation’s mission to enhance and improve the social, cultural, educational, health and general well being of the people in the Clintonville Area was well served with these grants,” said Nancy Ignacio, Advisory Board Chairman of the Clintonville Area Foundation. “We are happy to award these grants to benefit our community.”
Eligible nonprofit organizations submitted grant requests through the Foundation’s annual competitive process. The Foundation’s volunteer grants committee members recommend grant recipients to the advisory board for approval.
The following grants were approved:
• City of Clintonville Fire Department – $1,300 to provide AED machine for fire engine.
• Clintonville Area Ambulance Service – $2,500 to purchase portable radios to replace inoperable existing radios.
• Clintonville Public Schools – $1,500 to purchase a portable radio system for school personnel to communicate quickly between buildings and staff in the event of an emergency.
• Fox Valley Literacy Council, Inc. – $1,000 to provide and expand adult literacy services to Clintonville area adults.
• Navarino Nature Center – $1,000 to purchase 20 pairs of snowshoes for the winter ecology & snowshoe program serving 1,000 students and 7,300 public participants annually.
• Rexford Longfellow Elementary School – $3,000 to provide six iPad minis and accessories to Elementary Physical Education classes. These iPads will be used to record and assess body mechanics, see how body functions during exercise, provide interval fitness sessions, & conduct fitness assessments.
• Safe Haven Domestic Abuse Support Center – $1,000 to provide general operating support for Clintonville clients.
To learn more about the Foundation, visit www.ClintonvilleFoundation.org, write P.O. Box 244, Clintonville, WI 54929, or call 920-830-1290.