Winchester Academy in Waupaca will present six parties between July 4 and Sept. 12 to raise funds to continue its free educational programs.
Each party has a film-title theme and will be hosted by a member of the board of trustees.
• “Moonstruck” is slated for 6 p.m. Friday, July 4. Hosts Joan and Gene Wasserberg will serve an Italian buffet with wine and dessert. An added attraction will be fireworks over Shadow Lake. Cost is $50 per person.
• “Picnic” will feature an old-fashioned picnic with gourmet fare, craft beer, lemonade and lawn games at 6 p.m. Friday, July 18. Holly Saunders, the director of Waupaca’s summer theater production, “The Music Man,” will be on hand. Kate and Mark Saunders are the hosts. Cost is $40 per person.
• “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” will feature an elegant brunch at 11 a.m. Sunday, July 27. It will be served at the home of Dick and Kathy Bidwell, overlooking Shadow Lake. Cost is $35 per person.
• “The African Queen” offers an evening of cocktails and a gourmet dinner, followed by a sunset pontoon ride on the Chain O’ Lakes. Hosted by Nyles and Genny Eskritt, the event is scheduled for 5 p.m. Friday, Aug. 8, and costs $75 per person.
• “A Room with a View” opens at 5:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12, with appetizers, desserts and conversation, with the added attraction of cocktails overlooking Sunset Lake. Hosted by Dave Hathaway and Mary Ellen Boario, the cost is $40 per person.
• “A Song to Remember” is an afternoon of heavy hors d’euvres, select wines and sophisticated sweets accompanied by harpist Tami Jo Berg and Lawrence Leviton, principal cellist with the Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra. Hosted by Pat and Keith Williams, the event starts at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 7, and costs $50 per person.
Seating for all events is limited and advance reservations are required. Spaces will be reserved upon receipt of payment.
For reservations, call Winchester Academy Executive Director Ann Buerger Linden at 715-258-2927. Payments should be mailed to Winchester Academy of Waupaca, PO Box 124, Waupaca WI 54981.