The Waupaca Historical Society will celebrate the 100th anniversary of Waupaca’s Carnegie Library building Sunday, July 20.
Located at 321 S. Main St., the building is now known at the Holly History and Genealogy Center.
The building will be open for an open house from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., followed by a program with guest speaker Marie App.
The event is free and refreshments will be served after the program.
Waupaca’s Free Public Library was first opened in 1914 after the city received a grant from the Andrew Carnegie Foundation.
The Waupaca building was one of 60 Carnegie buildings erected in Wisconsin in the early 1900s.
The historic building served as the library from 1914 until 1992, when a new modern library was built on the City Square.
From 1992 to 2000, the building was the site of Carnegie’s Café and was privately owned.
In 2001, the Waupaca Historical Society purchased the property renamed it the Holly History and Genealogy Center.