Several anti-Walker comments were made on the Opinion Page of the Waupaca County Post on July 24 and 31 by Sandy deBeers and George Lorenz.
Here are some pro-Walker comments, based on Gov. Walker’s actual achievements to date to consider:
• Over 100,000 new jobs in Wisconsin have been created under Walker. I do think his campaign comment on adding 250,000 jobs has been adversely affected by the unforeseen consequences of our Capitol being trashed during the recall election, and the on-going chanting against Walker to this day, thus causing potential employers to think twice before locating here.
• Tax reforms have saved taxpayers $2 billion.
• Through property and income tax cuts, the average Wisconsin family has saved an average of $520 in 2014.
• Lower tax burden for middle-class families and job creators.
• Through the improved Wisconsin economy, employer confidence has raised from 10 percent in 2010 to 96 percent today.
• Wisconsin has its lowest unemployment compensation since 2008.
• There are 20,000 new businesses state-wide in Wisconsin under Walker.
• The first tuition freeze at the University of Wisconsin ever occurred in 2014.
Concerning Mary Burke, regardless of how many Wisconsin jobs she has at Trek Bikes (1,000), it is a large minority to the total jobs needed to manufacture the finished product, with the majority being outsourced to China. Since this is a legal avoidance of tax and jobs, however, I’m not opposed to her doing this. Many corporations do this as well. As long as it is legal, she would be foolish to do otherwise. It bothers me that our government allows it however.
Yet, since she does take advantage of this legal maneuver, she might do well to soft peddle her boasting of the 1,000 jobs she does provide domestically. Burke also stated that Walker’s budget significantly improved Wisconsin finances.
Finally, as this is being written, the Wisconsin State Supreme Court has approved Governor Walker’s Act 10 and Voter Identification as constitutional. Based on previous election fraud, Voter ID is truly a godsend, especially in areas such as Milwaukee, Racine and Madison, where voter fraud has been rampant.
Please consider these facts on Scott Walker, and weigh them against the other two letters against him, and then vote for him in November.