The fourth annual Waupaca Learning Center Walk-A-Thon will be held Thursday, Oct. 9, on the school’s field.
This event is being sponsored by the Waupaca Learning Center Parent-Teacher Group and is the organization’s single largest fundraiser.
One-hundred percent of all money raised will go directly back to WLC to benefit the students.
The funds raised in the past three years included support for each classroom; art, music and physical education equipment; technology improvements to aid learning; and most recently, a large investment in new playground equipment.
People may contact WLC or email email@example.com to volunteer or make a direct donation.
There will not be a rain date. The event will more indoors in the event of inclement weather.
The scheduled walk times for each grade level are:
• Third grade, AM Early Childhood and AM 4K from 8:15-8:45 a.m.
• Kindergarten from 8:45-9:15 a.m.
• First grade from 9:15-9:45 a.m.
• Second grade from 9:45-10:15 a.m.
• Fourth grade from 10:15-10:45 a.m.
• PM Early Childhood and PM 4K from noon to 12:30 p.m.
During the event, every student will be given the opportunity to be a part of their class team and walk as a group.
All students and faculty will receive a Walk-A-Thon T-shirt sponsored by the Waupaca Foundry and designed by Marla Snyder.
Students will raise money by collecting pledges from family and friends in the community and then striding it out during the Oct. 9 event.
The top fundraising class in each grade level will be awarded a class prize donated by local businesses.
The grade level prizes are:
• Fourth grade: Clear Water Harbor sponsored boat cruise.
• Third grade: Little Caesars and Waupaca Park and Rec sponsored pizza and rec center/sledding party.
• Second grade: Little Caesars and Waupaca Park and Rec sponsored pizza and rec center/sledding party.
• First grade: Pizza Hut sponsored pizza party.
• Kindergarten: Dairy Queen sponsored Dilly Bars.
• Early Childhood/4K: Culvers sponsored ice cream party
In addition to the class prizes, there will several prize packages this year for the top individual fundraisers, also sponsored by local businesses.
These prizes include:
• Fifth prize: home movie package sponsored by Family Video.
• Fourth prize: outdoor sports package sponsored by Farmer’s State Bank.
• Third and second prizes: Razr scooters sponsored by Janssen Accounting.
• 1st prize: Beats audio gift package sponsored by the Waupaca Learning Center.
• Grand Prize: bike package sponsored by Plainfield Trucking and Adventure Outfitters.
There will also be some additional prizes drawn randomly from all students who return their pledge forms.