Once upon a time Wisconsin was the platinum model of efficient yet compassionate state government. Where upper Midwest values and ethics were not just words but deeds. Where leadership in Madison strove to unify people in common purpose and vision, rather than to divide our people for political gain.
Scott Walker’s tenure as governor has arguably been the most divisive in modern Wisconsin history. Wisconsin must do better in order for everyone to compete and succeed in a 21st century economy.
On Nov. 4, Wisconsin can once again become a beacon of “forward” thinking and problem solving by electing the right leadership in Madison. That begins with electing Mary Burke.
Here are 10 common sense reasons to elect Burke governor of Wisconsin.
• Burke’s top economic focus is living wage jobs.
• Burke supports raising the minimum wage.
• Burke supports public education and respect for teachers.
• Burke is a proven business leader with Wisconsin-based Trek Bicycle.
• Burke supports voter rights for all including seniors, veterans and students.
• Burke supports access to health care and the Affordable Care Act.
• Burke will conserve Wisconsin’s precious public waters and lands.
• Burke supports infrastructure investments for rural and urban Wisconsin.
• Burke of course supports women’s economic and health care rights.
• Burke will bring people together rather than divide the state and its people.