The Iola Lions worked diligently this fall for their Iola Community Work Night.
One of their major projects was construction of a portable bus stop to be placed in Scandinavia.
They worked on the structure at the Iola-Scandinavia School District’s bus garage. It was later moved to one of the bus stops in the village of Scandinavia.
Their other tasks included:
• Preparing and serving food at the Iola Old Car Show Activity Center.
• Highway clean-up on State Highway 161 west, from Townline Road to Rosholt Road.
• Mowing lawn, raking leaves, cutting weeds, cleaning gutters and minor roof repairs for elderly and disabled residents.
• Tree cutting and miscellaneous cleanup at Iola Winter Sports Club.
• Raking leaves, removing sticks, roots and other debris from Iola River Walk.