Over 40 Manawa School District residents participated in a long range planning process during the summer of 2014.
Work has actively begun on the strategies they identified.
The Action Plan Team will present an overview of the process from 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 27, in the Manawa Elementary School cafeteria.
The Action Plan Teams will meet the first and third Tuesdays of each month through May 2015.
Anyone interested in joining the team should call Jeanne Frazier at 920-596-2525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child care will be provided and drop-ins are welcome.
Going forward, the Long Range Action Plan Teams will focus on three of the 10 major goals:
• Building capacity for leadership.
• Fostering positive communication.
• Creating a culture of academic success.
Work is taking place in the school setting on the additional strategies listed below:
• Preparing students for success beyond school (Agenda 2017).
• Supporting staff.
• Partnering with the community.
• Promoting a positive district image.
• Engaging families in the school/community connection.
• Balancing quality resource allocation.
• Maintaining and attracting families to the district.
Individuals and/or groups will be contacted to assist with these strategies beginning in the summer of 2015 and continuing into the school year.
Each of the Goal Teams will develop both short- and long-term outcomes that will enhance important aspects of the school district for students, families, staff and the district-wide community.