The Clintonville Area Foundation has awarded $10,676 in grants to six charitable organizations serving people in the Clintonville area.
The grants, which benefit a range of community causes, were awarded from a variety of charitable funds within the community foundation this year.
“The Foundation’s mission to enhance and improve the social, cultural, educational, health and general well being of the people in the Clintonville Area was well served with these grants.,” said Nancy Ignacio, advisory board chairman of the Clintonville Area Foundation. “We are happy to award these grants to benefit our community.”
Eligible nonprofit organizations submitted grant requests through the Foundation’s annual competitive process. The Foundation’s volunteer grants committee members recommend grant recipients to the advisory board for approval.
The following grants were approved:
• Clintonville Area Ambulance Service – $3,000 to purchase two King Vision Laryngoscope kits.
• Clintonville Area Historical Society – $3,000 toward Clintonville Area Historical Society’s 40th Anniversary celebration this coming summer to support marketing materials and the costs of costume, trolley and Community Center rentals.
• Rexford Longfellow Elementary School – $820 to Longfellow Running Club to purchase reflective vests and smoothie makers to support club participants.
• Clintonville Public Schools – $1,656.25 to Clintonville High School Link Crew Program to train juniors and seniors to meet in small groups with freshman students throughout the year as they transition to high school. The grant will support speaker and consultant fees, supplies, food, field trips and materials to run the program.
• Navarino Nature Center – $1,200 for educational equipment and natural play-scape to provide materials to enhance existing educational programming.
• Safe Haven Domestic Abuse Support Center – $1,000 to provide outreach and shelter services for families from the Clintonville area who are in crisis due to domestic violence or sexual assault. Advocates also provide prevention education to Clintonville students. The grant supports materials and travel expenses.
To learn more about the Foundation, visit www.ClintonvilleFoundation.org, write P.O. Box 244
Clintonville, WI 54929, or call 920-830-1290.