Fire severely damaged a porch and part of a roof in the town of Dayton Friday afternoon.
Waupaca firefighters were called out to E1433 Main Street in the Rural area shortly before 2:30 p.m. When they arrived they found heavy smoke coming from the front porch and roof.
Firefighters removed all the dry wall from the vaulted ceiling of the loft, according to Second Assistant Fire Chief Chuck Whitman, who was the officer in charge. He reported that the fire self-vented through the roof.
There was smoke damage throughout the house and water damage in the loft, kitchen and dining areas.
The fire may have been caused by a propane grill on the front porch.