Local law enforcement will host a countywide medication collection from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 17.
Residents will be able to properly dispose of prescription and over-the-counter medications, including pet medications, at no charge at any of the following locations:
• Waupaca County Sheriff Department, 1402 Royalton St.
• Waupaca Police Department, 124 S .Washington St.
• Weyauwega Police Department, 109 E. Main St.
• Clintonville Police Department, 35 S Clinton Ave.
• Manawa Police Department, 500 S. Bridge St.
• New London Police Department, 700 Shiocton St.
• Marion Police Department, 217 N. Main St.
Medications accepted include pills, ointments, patches, non-aerosol sprays, creams, and vials. Bottles of liquid medications should be placed in a sealed plastic bag.
Items that will not be accepted include needles, lancets, epi-pens, inhalers, mercury thermometers, aerosol cans, bio-hazardous materials (anything containing a bodily fluid or blood), or personal care products (shampoo, soaps, lotions, sunscreens).
This one-day event is coordinated by the Wisconsin Department of Justice. Those who miss this event may use the permanent drop-boxes at the Waupaca County Sheriff Department, and the police departments in Clintonville, New London and Weyauwega.
For more information, call the Waupaca County Solid Waste Department at 715-258-6240 or visit www.waupacacountyrecycling.com.