Clintonville Area Foundation announces awards
The Clintonville Area Foundation awarded $10,400 in grants to six charitable organizations serving people in the Clintonville area on Friday, Feb. 19.
The grants, which benefit a range of community causes, were awarded from a variety of charitable funds within the community foundation this year.
“The foundation’s mission to enhance and improve the social, cultural, educational, health and general well being of the people in the Clintonville Area was well served with these grants,” said Nancy Ignacio, advisory board chairperson of the Clintonville Area Foundation. “We are happy to award these grants to benefit our community.”
Eligible nonprofit organizations submitted grant requests through the foundation’s annual competitive process. The foundation’s volunteer grants committee members recommend grant recipients to the advisory board for approval.
The following grants were approved:
• CHAPS Academy – $2,500 to provide program support for the Hope Lives program to serve severely depressed and suicidal youth from the Clintonville area.
• Clintonville Area Ambulance Service – $1,000 to purchase training equipment to conduct internal staff training complimenting previous equipment purchases.
• Clintonville Middle School Clothes Closet – $1,000 to purchase undergarments and personal hygiene products at the Middle School Clothes Closet to help those families in need.
• Fox Valley Literacy Council, Inc. – $2,500 to provide program support to offer adult literacy programs in the Clintonville area.
• Navarino Nature Center – $2,200 to update trail maps and signs.
• Christ Congregational Church U.C.C. proactive – $1,200 to sponsor the monthly community meal for one year. Typically the community meals serve between 30-70 individuals per meal. These meals are a collaborative effort between eight local churches.
To learn more about the Foundation, visit www.ClintonvilleFoundation.org, or write P.O. Box 244, Clintonville, WI 54929, or call 920-830-1290.