Planners to hold open design studio in Waupaca
The city of Waupaca’s consultants for the Downtown and Streetscape Plan will return Tuesday and Wednesday, June 21 and 22 to illustrate ideas discussed since April.
People may stop by 215 N. Main St. from 5-7 p.m. both days.
Participants may talk informally – or even draw – with planners and designers for 15 minutes or the entire session.
The doors will be locked outside of the public hours so designers have time to sketch and process ideas.
Special appointments are available.
They will be specifically looking at the following:
• The guiding vision for downtown (building on previous efforts).
• Key market focuses and opportunities.
• Major functional/infrastructure issues and public investment needs.
• Sub-districts or “community nodes.”
• Redevelopment opportunities, including housing and commercial development.
• Design concepts for the public environment, including lighting, sidewalks and landscaping.
• Connections to adjacent neighborhoods.
• Exploration of spaces, including alleys and streets around city hall, which may be adapted for event/gathering spaces.
• Program for possible gathering spaces and art.
• Transportation concept showing streets and circulation patterns.
• Sustainable design practices for specific sites and projects.
• Streetscape sections – scenarios.
• Streetscape theme and concepts.
People may follow the overall planning effort at planwaupaca.com.