Video from holiday event at Spencer Lake
The seventh annual Taste of Christmas at Spencer Lake was held Saturday, Dec. 3.
Highlights included Santa’s Yuletide Workshop with gingerbread house decorating and free visits and pictures with Santa, special music by area artists, a noontime tribute to veterans and service personnel, the Madrigal Singers, an indoor Red Ryder BB Gun Range, Christmas Karaoke Tent, merchants, live nativity and petting zoo.
• Bill Pimpo, with the Spencer Lake Christian Center, said 3,600 people attended this year’s Taste of Christmas. He provided the following numbers from the event.
• The event raised $2,650 of the $3,000 target towards bringing the “Arrive Alive” texting-while-driving simulator for the high school.
• 300 people were blessed through the Gift Angel Free Sale.
• 525 gingerbread houses and 475 pinecone ornaments were decorated by children.
• 700 lbs. of food collected for the Waupaca Area Food Pantry.
• 15 people donated 13 units of blood in the Gift of Life Blood Drive for Community Blood Bank.
• 900 candy canes given away.