Waupaca County Sheriff’s report Jan. 31
• Jan. 29 – Truck stolen from garage in E5100 block of County Trunk B, Manawa.
• Jan. 29 – Theft in 1000 block of West Fulton Street, Waupaca.
• Jan. 28 – Burglary in 400 block of East Hancock Street, New London.
• Jan. 28 – Burglary in E5400 block of County Trunk OO, Marion.
• Jan. 28 – Burglary in N9800 block of Buelow Road, Clintonville.
• Jan. 28 – Fraud reported in 200 block of East Alfred Street, Weyauwega.
• Jan. 28 – Theft in 200 block of North Main Street, Waupaca.
• Jan. 27 – Burglary in 400 block of East Hancock Street, New London.
• Jan. 26 – Vandalism in E1900 block of Smokey Valley Road, Scandinavia.
• Jan. 26 – Gas drive-off in E3300 block of Royalton Street, Waupaca.
• Jan. 26 – Theft in N9300 block of County Trunk T, New London.
• Jan. 26 – Burglary in 400 block of East Hancock Street, New London.
• Jan. 25 – Harassing text messages received in N1600 block of Sue Lane, Waupaca.
• Jan. 25 – Theft/fraud in E6600 block of Progress Road, Manawa.
• Jan. 25 – Trespassing in 800 block of South Washington Street, Waupaca.
• Jan. 25 – Theft in N5600 block of Fairway Drive, New London.
• Jan. 25 – Theft in N5600 block of Buelow Road, New London.
• Jan. 24 – Harassment in N4000 block of Loss Road, Weyauwega.
• Jan. 24 – Harassment in E2800 block of Mud Lake Road, Tigerton.
• Jan. 24 – Theft in N5600 block of Buelow Road, New London.
• Jan. 23 – Theft in 300 block of South Main Street, Waupaca.
• Jan. 16 – One person was injured in a two-vehicle accident at about 3:30 p.m. in the town of Farmington.
Jesse Jankowski, 31, of Amherst, was driving eastbound in the left/fast lane on U.S. Highway 10 near Erickson Road when he attempted to brake for a snow plow traveling ahead of him in the same lane.
Jankowski lost control of his car on the ice-covered road. The vehicle traveled to the left of the snow plow and entered the eastbound lanes of U.S. 10 and the Erickson Road crossover.
The vehicle then hit a snow bank, causing it to spin counter clockwise and strike the blade of the snow plow. According to the police report, there was no damage to the blade.
Prior to the accident, the Waupaca County snow plow truck had been traveling at a slower speed with all of its lights working as it spread salt on the roadway. The truck was driven by Chris Hazen, 48, of New London, who suffered no apparent injuries in the accident.
Jankowski was transported to the hospital for suspected minor injuries.