Waupaca County sheriff’s report April 24
• April 23 – Welfare Check – Caller in the 500 block of Demarest Avenue, Waupaca, reported that his son had a nightmare in which he said he was going to kill his stepfather.
• April 23 – Theft – Caller in the 300 block of Woodlane Drive, New London, reported their vehicle was entered, stuff was dumped around and she was unsure if anything was taken.
• April 23 – Weapon Offense – Caller reported she found a sawed off shotgun in her deceased grandfather’s garage in the N3100 block of Butts Drive, Waupaca.
• April 23 – Theft – Caller reported her husband at the Wisconsin Veterans Home, King, had $100 which was locked away and now only has $3.
• April 23 – Controlled Substance Problem – Caller in the E9200 block of Kanaman Road, Caledonia, reported finding a bag on the road of what he believes to be marijuana. An officer arrived to pick up the bag. It was not marijuana.
• April 23 – Weapons Offense – Caller reported they heard what sounded like a .22-caliber gun being fired by Swan Park or Serenity Drive, Waupaca.
• April 23 – Vandalism – Caller in the 300 block of West State Street, Iola, reported burn marks on the side of her house.
• April 23 – Suspicious Person, Circumstance – Caller reported a white van selling meat in the E2100 block of Parfreyville Road, Waupaca. Caller stated the man was making comments about a nice house and nice truck in the area.
• April 23 – Theft – Caller reported her window was smashed in on the N1600 block of County Trunk K, Waupaca.
• April 23 – Controlled Substance Problem – Caller reported she received a text message from her son that said kids in the 100 Block of East Fulton Street, Waupaca were doing methamphetamine.
• April 23 – Elder Abuse – Caller at the Wisconsin Veterans Home, King, reported that a CNA struck her on the forearm.
• April 22 – Burglary – Caller at the Super Lube located in the 1800 block of North Shawano Street, New London, reported that someone tried to enter the car wash and the lock was damaged.
• April 22 – Suspicious Circumstance – Caller in the E9400 block of Meadow Lane, Clintonville, reports someone put a soda can over her TV antenna so the TV would no longer work. Also reported that a few months ago someone tried to enter her home through the basement.
• April 22 – Theft – Caller at Northport Convenience in the E9400 block of State Highway 54, reported his boat was for sale at the gas station and that someone stole the motor off it.
• April 22 – Threatening – Caller in the 200 block of Union Street, Waupaca, reports that he made payments to a person he owes $10,000, but the person he makes payments to gives him money daily for cigarettes. He reported the person is no longer giving him money and that the person is a felon who has guns.
• April 22 – Theft – Caller in the E2300 block of Crystal Road, Waupaca, reported that her TV, Playstation 3, Playstation 2, games and a coin collection were stolen.
• April 22 – Theft – Caller in the E1100 block of Pineview Lane, Waupaca reported that two 1,500-watt amplifiers were taken from his locked car.
• April 22 – Animal Problem – Caller reported a cow in the middle of the road two to three miles west of Manawa on a curve.
• April 21 – Theft – Caller in the 800 block of Meadow Lane, Manawa, reported that $60 and a debit card were taken.
• April 21 – Juvenile Problem – Caller in the N4700 block of Jakes Road, Manawa, reported three boys were kicking an abandoned building and may get into trouble, or get hurt.
• April 21 – Suspicious Circumstance – Caller reported she was clearing out her shed in the N3400 block of Anderson Road, Waupaca, and found what she believes to be old dynamite.
• April 21 – Theft – Caller at the Sunset BP in the E6000 block of U.S. Highway 10-110, Weyauwega, has video of someone stealing the day prior.
• April 21 – Theft – Caller in the N4000 block of Baldwin Road, Weyauwega, reported someone stole the license plates from her vehicle.
• April 21 – Mental – Caller in the E5600 block of Butternut Ridge Road, Weyauwega, reported her minister is spiritually harassing her, and that after she leaves church “weird things happen.”
• April 21 – Fraud – Caller in the E4800 block of Kriese Road, Ogdensburg, reported that someone is attempting to open credit cards in her name.
• April 21 – Controlled Substance Problem – Caller in the 100 block of Main Street, Iola reported a person is asking people if they would like to purchase and sell drugs.
• April 21 – Theft – Caller at Rich’s Citgo in the 1000 block of West Fulton Street, Waupaca reported a $20 gas drive off.
April 21 – Controlled Substance Problem – Caller in the 800 block of South Bridge Street, Manawa reported their son has been getting drugs.
• April 21 – Trespassing – Caller reported three kids on the roof of the church in the 1000 block of Seventh Street, Waupaca.
April 21 – Criminal Damage – Caller states his neighbor called to inform him three kids were vandalising a house in the 4900 block of Depot Street, Waupaca.
• April 21 – Fight – Caller in the 200 block of Willard Street, Waupaca, states she was punched in the face and her cigarettes were taken.
• April 21 – Suspicious Person – Caller in the E5300 block of County Trunk N, Manawa, reported somebody with a key came and opened his apartment.
• April 21 – Overdose – Caller on 12th Street, Clintonville reported she took numerous Hydrocodone pills.
• April 21 – Theft – Caller states his boat and trailer were taken from the 200 block of Walnut Street, Manawa.
• April 20 – Traffic Hazard – Highway Department received numerous calls regarding excess manure on State Highway 49 near County Trunk P.
• April 20 – Suspicious Person – Caller reported two men in the 1000 block of Depot Street, Manawa, attempting to pull down a pole, and that the two men did not look like railroad employees.
• April 19 – Vandalism – Caller in the E800 block of Nicolai Road, Manawa, reported a sink and chair were tossed through the window of a vacant house.
• April 19 – Theft – Caller reported her purse was taken from her unlocked vehicle in the N2100 block of Cleghorn Road, Waupaca.
• April 19 – Weapons Offense – Caller reported hearing a shot and now has a dead bird in the yard in the 600 block of Oak Street, Waupaca.
• April 19 – Theft – Caller reported her vehicle, in the 1110 block of Evans Street, Waupaca, had a smashed passenger front window and her purse was taken.
• April 18 – Theft – Caller at the Royalton Station on the E7300 block of State Highway 54, New London, reported a gas drive off in a red Chevy truck. Caller stated it could have been the same person who did a drive off the previous week.
• April 18 – Vandalism – Caller in the E8000 block of Nicolai Road, Manawa, reported that the previous week their house was vandalized.
One charged, two hurt after rollover
Two people were injured following a rollover on Thursday, April 20.
At 10:41 a.m. on Garrity Road, south of Nicolai Road in the town of Lebanon, Dustin Rusch, 31, New London, was driving a 2007 Pontiac G6 owned by Stacy Bartnik, 28 New London.
Rusch entered the east ditch, struck a culvert and the vehicle overturned.
Busch and Bartnik were both taken by ambulance to New London Family Medical Center was suspected minor injuries. Both were wearing their seat belts.
Rusch was cited with operating a vehicle under the influence (second), PAC cause injury and operating after suspension.
One hurt after striking pole
One person was injured after his vehicle struck a utility pole on Tuesday, April 4.
Pedro Perez, 24, New London, was driving a 1999 Nissan Frontier, south on County Trunk D, in the town of New Lebanon.
Perez said he had a bloody nose, while he was tending to it he drifted off the roadway and struck a utility pole.
He was taken by ambulance to new London Family Medical Center was suspected minor injuries. He was wearing a seat belt.
One cited, one hurt in accident
One person sustained injuries as a result of a Thursday, April 20 traffic crash.
At 10:07 a.m. Misty Dunaj, 24, Waupaca, was turning in her 2014 Chevy Cruze, eastbound on King Road in Farmington from her driveway.
Anthony Gill, 40, Waupaca, was driving his 1994 Chevy K1500 westbound on King Road.
Dunaj did not see Gill and swerved to avoid the crash.
Dunaj’s front passenger side bumper struck Gill’s rear passenger side bumper and Gill spun into the ditch.
Gill was transported via ambulance to Riverside Medical Center for suspected minor injuries.
He and Dunaj were both wearing seat belts.
Dunaj was cited for operate motor vehicle without insurance and fail/yield while making left turn.
Teen rolls vehicle
A Neenah teenager was treated for injuries after rolling her vehicle on Tuesday, April 18.
Brittney Volinek, 16, was driving a 1997 Ford Escort, westbound on U.S. Highway 10 by County Trunk Q in Farmington.
Volinek appeared to be traveling in the slow lane, veered into the median, overcorrected and entered the north ditch, rolling twice.
Volinek believes she fell asleep.
She was wearing a seat belt but was taken by ambulance to Riverside Medical Center for suspected injuries.