Festivities run Oct. 1-7
Members of Iola-Scandinavia’s 2017 homecoming court are Mariah Bestul and Ethan Olson, Brenna Bonikowske and Kollin Vaughn, Erin Charles and Kevin Wiskow, Mia Wandtke and Ben Cady, Alaina Johnson and Jalen Block and Britteny Tuszke and Connor Drath.
Homecoming week festivities will kick off with hall decorating at noon Sunday, Oct. 1, and will run through Saturday, October 7.
The theme of this year’s festivities is Marvel I-S.
Students are encouraged to dress up according to the daily themes as follows:
• Monday, Oct. 2: Maui Monday.
• Tuesday, Oct. 3: Throwback Tuesday. Class Sidewalk Chalk Drawing at 7:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Oct. 4: Western Wednesday. Class Volleyball from 6 to 8 p.m. Pizza will be provided from 530 to 6:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 5: Theme day/Marvel I-S. Students are encouraged to dress to fit their grade’s Marvel character.
• Friday, Oct. 6: Orange and Black. Students are invited to cover themselves in orange and black.
Other activities will include the parade at 3 p.m., on Friday.
The student council is also planning face painting and games for Tiny T-Birds from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Friday at Thunderbird Field.
Iola-Scandinavia will take on Amherst for the homecoming football game, with kick off at 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 7 will begin with the varsity volleyball conference tournament in Amherst, at 9 a.m., followed by the homecoming dance from 7 to 11 p.m. in the high school commons.