Two days of entertainment
By Holly Neumann
Taste and Tunes of Iola-Scandinavia will bring two days of food and music throughout the area on July 20-21.
The Iola-Scandinavia Chamber of Commerce has organized local restaurants and businesses to bring in entertainment.
The event will kick off at 7 p.m. Friday, July 20, beginning with Harp & Heels at the Millstone, followed by Urban Hillbilly’s at 8 p.m. at Silver Lake Lanes.
On Saturday, July 21, music will begin at 9 a.m. and continue throughout the day at 15 different venues.
“Our aim is to bring people into our local businesses,” said Tammie Jo Berg, who is helping to organize the event.
Everyone attending will get a punch card and have the opportunity to win prizes.
“The card will list each venue and location,” said Berg. “Your card will get stamped when you make a purchase at the venue. This can be anytime throughout the day. Visits to the venues do not need to happen during the time the music is playing.”
People visiting seven businesses will receive a free event T-shirt on the spot. If they visit all 15 locations, their name will be placed into a drawing for a grand prize, which will include gift certificates from each venue. The estimated value is more than $350.
There will also be a drawing for $20 Chamber Bucks for anyone with just one punch/stamp.
Admission is free.
Schedule of Events
• 7 p.m. – Harp & Heels at the Millstone
• 8 p.m. – Urban Hillbillies at Silver Lake Lanes.
• 9 a.m. Chris Kokesh & Ukuleles at Iola Pines
• 9 a.m. – Grandpa Beard at Trout Bum Bakery
• 10 a.m. – Hannah Gutho at A Taste of Elegance
• 10: 30 a.m. – Janet Pagel at TooDars
• 11 a.m. – Bill Kuehl at Iola-Scandinavia Community Fitness and Aquatic Center
• Noon – Cocktail Meatballs at Subway
• 12:30 p.m. – Bestuls at Iola Historical Society
• 1 p.m. – Gumbo at Scandihus
• 2:30 p.m. – Cocktail Meatballs at Crystal Café
• 4 p.m. – Big & Tall at JD’s Corner Bar
• 6 p.m. – Soul Whiskey at Thirsty Perch
• 7 p.m. – Ray Freeberg at The Millstone
• 8 p.m. – Sunset East at Iron Grille
• 8 p.m. – Rumors at Schmidt’s Corner.