Colorful flower baskets have adorned Main Street in Clintonville for the past 16 years.
If that tradition is to continue, fundraising efforts to finance the purchase and maintenance of the flower baskets must be successful.
"The Clintonville City Council removed the funding for the beautiful Main Street flower baskets from the 2012 City budget due to budgetary constraints," said City Administrator Lisa Kuss. "We would like to continue putting up the baskets and planters as they add a lot to the atmosphere downtown. City officials are asking citizens to consider making a donation to support the Flower Fund."
The donation to cover one basket is $60 which includes the plants, supplies and watering. The total amount that needs to be raised is $3,000. Donations in any amount will be accepted.
People interested in donating can make checks payable to the City of Clintonville and can drop off at City Hall, leave in the drop boxes or mail to 50-10th Street, Clintonville 54929. Questions can be directed to Kuss at 715-823-7600 or email@example.com.
Generous donations have already been received by Past Mayor Richard Beggs and the American Legion Post 63.
- Manawa citizens concerned about sand mine's impact
- Board to consider fundraising deadline for fitness center (7)
- ArtyFest to use Legion's liquor license (1)
- Contract for 4K Community Collaborative approved
- WPPA Fly-In is this weekend
- City band concert set for June 21
- Breakfast on the Farm
- New London Remembered exhibit opens (1)
- Ms. Waupaca County Senior Homemaker Pageant held
- Council considers funding for tourism effort