WHS presents spring concert
The annual student spring concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 22, at Waupaca High School.
The concert is free to the public with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors to the auditorium will open at 7 p.m.
Performing groups slated to perform include Mixed Chorus, Treble Clef Chorus, Concert Choir, Madrigal Ensemble, Die Meistersingers and Women’s Concert Chorale.
The choirs are under the direction of Kira Morrissey and Dan Wolfgram. Accompanists for this year’s spring concert include Wanda Eikenbary and Mike Barden.
The concert traditionally showcases everything from Broadway show tunes to spirituals and ethnic novelty numbers.
Directors Morrissey and Wolfgram point out that March is "Music in Our Schools Month" in the state of Wisconsin.
In celebration of this, there will be several selections featured that were performed at District Solo and Ensemble this past month when Waupaca hosted the event.
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (13)
- Planting the seeds of learning