Village discusses golf carts on streets
Some residents are using golf carts to get around the village of Fremont, and it’s actually illegal.
“A lot of people are asking and already doing it. I think we should talk about it,” Trustee Jim Falke said at this month’s village board meeting.
Police Chief Gene Goode said the village does not have a low speed vehicle ordinance and that for a vehicle to fall under such an ordinance, it would have to be registered, licensed and have such things as turn signals, lights and seatbelts.
The subject is expected to be discussed at the village’s committee level.
- County E project planned
- Weyauwega library hosts film on childbirth
- Chain Association to hold annual meeting
- Brat fry at Piggly Wiggly
- Cops make 20 calls to one bar (12)
- Fatal crash on U.S. 10
- Program on snakes at Mosquito Hill (2)
- Nominees sought for Community Heroes Award
- Celebrating summer at Strawberry Fest (9)
- Chain island namesake dies