Iola teen killed in head-on crash
Dylan Thorne, 18, Iola, was killed in a crash shortly before 1:30 p.m. Thursday, July 19, in the town of St. Lawrence.
According to the Waupaca County Sheriff’s Department, 37-year-old Heather Schmidt, Marion, was northbound on County Road E near Smith Road when her Chevy Suburban crossed the center line and struck a southbound Mercury Grand Marquis driven by the Iola teen.
The coroner pronounced Thorne dead at the scene. Schmidt was trapped in her vehicle and had to be extricated by firefighters. She was then taken by ambulance to Riverside Medical Center.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director
- More delays for Iola's bridge project (2)
- Park renamed after Jim Boyer
- Fire department plans fundraisers
- School district recognized for wellness program