Abduction attempt a false report
The attempted abduction reported to Clintonville Police on July 11 has been determined to be a false report, according to a memo released by the department on Aug. 3.
The 19-year-old female who reported the incident recanted her story to the police on Thursday evening, Aug. 2, during a follow-up interview.
Inconsistencies in the victim’s initial report and follow-up interviews with police determined that the victim had made up the alleged attack and attempted abduction for personal reasons.
The matter will be referred to the district attorney’s office for consideration of charges for filing the false report.
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (9)
- Planting the seeds of learning
- Students collect 1.3 million pop tops
- West county communities observe Memorial Day
- East county communities observe Memorial Day