Road work to start on State 22
Construction is scheduled to begin Monday, Aug. 27, at the intersection of State Highway 22 and County Road QQ.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation will discuss the project at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 30, at the Dayton Town Hall,
Following a presentation, WisDOT representatives will be available to address any questions, as well as to give an overview on what to expect during construction. The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
RC Excavating is the prime contractor for the project. Crews will remove the pavement and culvert pipes. The new intersection will include a raised median, left-turn lanes and new storm sewer.
During the majority of construction activities, WIS 22 will remain open to two-way traffic. County QQ and Barlow Street (Old 22) will also remain open throughout most of the project. Barlow Street will be closed for a short period.
Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures, flagging operations and some delays. Some temporary driveway closures will be necessary during construction. Property owners will be notified in advance of any driveway closures.
Construction is scheduled for completion in late October 2012.
Ninety percent of the $1.1 million project will be paid with federal transportation funds. The remaining 10 percent will be paid with state transportation funds.
- Manawa citizens concerned about sand mine's impact
- Board to consider fundraising deadline for fitness center (8)
- ArtyFest to use Legion's liquor license (1)
- Contract for 4K Community Collaborative approved
- WPPA Fly-In is this weekend
- City band concert set for June 21
- Breakfast on the Farm
- New London Remembered exhibit opens (1)
- Ms. Waupaca County Senior Homemaker Pageant held
- Council considers funding for tourism effort