Appleton MacDowell Male Chorus performs in Waupaca
Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and will be available at the Waupaca Area Chamber of Commerce and at the door. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis with doors opening at 1:30 p.m.
Founded in 1934, the Appleton MacDowell Male Chorus, Inc. took the name of noted American composer Edward MacDowell.
Since then, the MacDowell Male Chorus has performed more than 500 times in more than 50 different cities in five of the continental states and in Canada. The chorus has also appeared several times on television and radio.
Memorized music is a MacDowell Male Chorus tradition, and the men have more than 500 religious and patriotic numbers, show tunes, operatic and classical selections in their repertoire.
Their Conductor Herb Berendsen has spent the last 30 years teaching and directing choral music.
He is currently the choral director at Oshkosh West High School, a position he has held for the last 15 years. Prior to that, he was the choral director at Ripon High School.
Berendsen has also served as worship coordinator for his church and directed the Winnebagoland Barbershop Chorus.
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director