Scandinavia resident Doug Watson released a Cooper's hawk back into the wild Friday, May 11, along Gurholt Road in the town of Scandinavia.
Watson and Marc Thwaits found the injured bird Friday, April 13, while walking along the road and contacted Pat Fisher of The Feather Rehabilitation Center of New London.
Fisher said the bird had sustained head trauma and was probably hit by a vehicle. The center nursed the bird back to health and Fisher was on hand as the bird was released.
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (9)
- Planting the seeds of learning