Board approves out-of-state trips
In all, four requests for out-of-state travel during the 2012-13 school year were approved by the board.
• A high school choir trip to Hawaii in December to be a part of "The American Musical Salutes" performance that marks the 50th anniversary of the dedication of the Arizona Memorial.
Choral director Carrie Gruman-Trinker told the board the hope is that between 40 and 50 high school choral students are able to make the trip.
The estimated cost per student of approximately $1,300 would include their flight, hotel, ground transportation and activities.
A group of parents will work with her to seek grants and sponsorships for the trip.
• A trip for the high school physics class to Physics Day at Great America in the spring of 2013.
• A field trip for the high school chemistry department to the Museum of Science in Industry in Chicago, also in the spring of 2013.
• A high school golf team trip to South Carolina in the spring of 2013. Approximately six students will go on the trip. All costs will be covered through fundraising.
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director