Bonikowske, O'Brien re-elected
Neither was on the April 3 ballot, but both were re-elected to the city council.
Neither Bonikowske nor O'Brien, or anybody else, filed papers to run for the two seats, so the ballots were blank for those seats.
Both Bonikowske and O'Brien received seven write-in votes, which were the most for each seat. They both agreed to accept the positions.
Bonikowske will be serving a two-year term, while O'Brien's position is for one year, after he was appointed to the City Council late in 2011.
Alderperson Mike Frazier and Alderperson Mary Eck were unopposed and re-elected. Frazier received 40 votes in Aldermanic District 1 and Eck received 54 votes in Aldermanic District 2. There were no write-ins in either race.
Manawa School Board President Kurt Kreklow ran unopposed, received 119 votes and was elected to another term. Stephanie Flynn also ran unopposed and was elected to another term on the School Board after receiving 123 votes.
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (11)
- Planting the seeds of learning