Sharon Brauer was honored with this year's Community Hero Award, presented by the Clintonville Area Foundation at their Shades of Autumn Gala on Saturday, Oct. 13.
This award was established in 2011 by Clintonville native Dan Olk to recognize and celebrate outstanding volunteer service that greatly enhances Clintonville area communities.
The award comes with $2,000 for the winner to donate to local charities, is supported through the Clintonville Area Foundation.
Brauer has chosen to donate the $2,000 to the Bear Creek and Clintonville EMS and the Clintonville Fire Department.
Brauer was nominated and selected to win the honor according to the following criteria:
• Exemplify the spirit of community service.
• Make an outstanding contribution to the community through volunteer service.
• Demonstrate exceptional commitment, service, creativity, cooperation or leadership.
• Serve as a role model for others in their community.
• Inspire others to engage in volunteer service.
• Receive no financial compensation for their activities.
• Engage in the majority of his/her volunteer work in the greater Clintonville area, defined as the Clintonville Public School District. He/she need not reside in the area.
Don Jirschele was the 2011 Community Heroes Award winner.
Learn more at www.ClintonvilleFoundation.org.
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (13)
- Planting the seeds of learning