'Broadway and More' on May 12
All tickets are $5, and the evening will serve as a fundraiser for the opera house and the non-profit Wega Arts.
It will be an evening of music from Broadway shows and standards made famous by singers such as Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby and Patsy Cline.
Local talent will include soloists from state festivals, two local ensemble groups and choir director Carrie Gruman-Trinkner reviving songs from previous stage appearances.
Larry Rothbard of Chicago will be playing piano.Charles Johnson, a graduate of the American Music and Dramatic Academy in New York City, will be singing standards.
He will be joined by former AMDA classmate Kaitlynne Mae Trinkner whose choreography has been featured in local productions.
Joining Johnson and Trinkner will be Zach Halliwell, Corrie Kovacs and Larissa Peterson.
Advance tickets are available at the Coffee Klatsch in Weyauwega and at The Book Cellar in Waupaca. Tickets will also be available at the door.
A partial song list includes "I'd Give It All For You," "Brother Can You Spare a Dime," "Cabaret," "Stormy Weather," "Crazy," "Waiting for Life," "Popular," "I Dreamed a Dream " and "Send in the Clowns."
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director