City Band to present patriotic concert
In celebration of Independence Day, the group will perform patriotic music.
The featured selection for the evening will be a medley of musical memories from World War II titled "The Homefront."
The children's march will be "Stars and Stripes Forever," and a child will be chosen to lead parade around the bandstand.
Also included in the program will be one of Edwin Franko Goldman's most famous "sing and whistle" marches titled "On the Mall," which will have audience participation.
The band will recognize veterans with a performance of "Armed Forces Salute," a medley of service songs from all branches of the military.
Audience members are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets for seating.
In the event of rain, the concert will be moved to Waupaca High School.
State Highway 22 and King Road.
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (1)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (3)
- Planting the seeds of learning
- Students collect 1.3 million pop tops
- West county communities observe Memorial Day
- East county communities observe Memorial Day