The New London School District of works to infuse Character Education in daily lessons.
However, some lessons are not learned in a classroom, rather from real-life experiences.
Lincoln Elementary continues to see a growing number of families in need and the Adopt-A-Family program at Lincoln Elementary and Sugar Bush Elementary schools was significant this year. Thanks to the generosity of many individuals, families, churches and businesses, 17 families were assisted during the holiday season.
The schools continue to receive donations of jackets, hats, mittens, scarves, boots, shoes and gift cards.
"The generosity and kindness of countless individuals from this community has been amazing," said Corene Strohfeldt, School Counselor. "Our students are very fortunate to be a part of this wonderful community that demonstrates good Character in a meaningful way."
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director